View Single Post
      07-18-2020, 11:15 AM   #36
daddylonglegs
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 f10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsolis88 View Post
I am thinking of doing this build just without the paddles. Is it complicated to put together once you have all of the parts? Do you know if the f30 m sport LCI components like the buttons will fit onto the bare f10 wheel? I've found the control buttons on ebay for a good price but they are for the f30.

I got the bare wheel for free so really want to start on this project..

Thanks!
Hey stuck,

I know I am super late to the party but I did this similar retrofit (went from pre-LCI non sport wheel with paddle shifters to LCI M sport wheel with shifters), so my car already had the paddle shift function.

After doing the swap, everything works except my shifters... And I was under the impression that at least the minus paddle shifter should be working since the resistance is the same between pre LCI and LCI (but not 100% sure on that). I am getting the error code "No message (operation of shift paddle, ox207): Receiver EGS, transmitter FEM/SZL". With that being said I am wondering if doing the resistor swap on the LCI paddles will even cure the problem. Please let me know. I can give you detailed pics etc. Thank you.
Appreciate 0