View Single Post
      01-23-2018, 01:18 PM   #31
BlackWidow
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogueshot View Post
That "3 year old thread" on bimmerfest has been viewed over 272k times and has over 69 pages of regular posts since 2014. To my knowledge it is the definitive repository on the N63 issues/CCP and lawsuit...

actually the official court documents reflect that the parties (class counsel and BMW) cancelled a scheduled conference on the basis that the parties were moving forward to have the court approve a proposed settlement - this means that both parties have already agreed (or are very close to agreeing) on terms of the settlement and will be presenting the settlement to the judge for approval. The timing and content of Krunk's post appears to make sense given this official development...Something is coming soon.
Do I think Bmw screwed it’s customers with the N63? Yes. Do I think they’re going to get away with it? Yes.

There’s too many variables that come into play with engines, it’s too difficult to get a controlled group together that maintained their car in the same way, at the same times, with the same oil, same filters, in the same conditions and compare those numbers against the amount of failures and the amount of N63’s that are running with no issues. BMW has access to all this information, and I guarantee the number of N63 cars running with no issues heavily outweigh those with issues. It was the same for the lawsuits against the V10 S85/V8 S65 engines in the previous model M5/M3, respectively. They have a design flaw that causes bearings to spin due to clearances, bmw got away with it because it’s difficult to prove in court.

Regarding the N63, There was another class action initiated by PAX5, he used to be an active member. BMW motioned the court dismiss the case after 2 years after presenting its statistics, the court agreed. It’s over on bimmerpost or if you google N63 class action, it will be on the top class action website with an update that the court ruled in bmw’s favor to dismiss.

A new law firm (Capstone) emerged with a case against bmw for oil consumption, in which a possible settlement was reached. I would not expect a refund or a major payout from a settlement on oil consumption. It’s probably free top offs, which my dealer does already. That’s a viable solution to the problem that the court would probably agree to.

The thread you’re referring to was one of the initial threads started when the N63 CCP campaign was announced and was by no means a “recall” as they have titled it. Followed by many misinformed people spreading hearsay. As stated above the first case was dismissed and the one actively going, is from Capstone Firm, who also own that bmwoilconsumption website. If you call them, they take your info which helps with their attorney fees when the settlement is reached and they’ll inform you that a settlement is near for oil consumption.

Last edited by BlackWidow; 01-23-2018 at 07:41 PM..
Appreciate 0