Drives: 550i 2014

Garage List
2008 M3 E93  [0.00]
2022 BMW X7 M50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 550ihtown View Post
My car has been with the dealer for more than a week and I spoke to someone at BMW relations today for the issues that have been recurring in the car.
The car has had multiple visits for nearly one week each time at the dealer for the same problem. Car also has a seat sliding backwards upon acceleration and rocking forward on braking that was not fixed after four visits for the same issue. I asked if they want me to go with lemon filing vs buy back and they said they're sending a field engineering guy to look into the issue.

Given that I have been stranded on the freeway twice with drive train malfunction errors, recurring issues that never got fixed, feeling a little cheated and frustrated with BMW at this point of time. I have had only BMWs since 2007 and it has shaken my faith in the trust with the brand.

Any thoughts on how to pursue this case appreciated.

Thanks!
Surprised they haven’t figured out the issue, BMW will take care of you though, it’s something they’re actually known for. They just have to run the course of making sure it’s something they can or cannot fix.

My engine was replaced outside of CPO warranty and above 100,000 miles. All I paid was labor costs which was a small fraction of what the total cost was.
They did plenty of test drives and weren't able to find the error again. One of their mechanic is going to take the car over to his house overnight and he has a 40 mile drive one way and see if the error pops up again. Said nothing else was needed from their end and asked me to bring the car back if this happens again.
Appreciate 0