01-24-2018, 08:47 PM   #34
OnlyTruth
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535 iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 550ihtown View Post
My car has been with the dealer for more than a week and I spoke to someone at BMW relations today for the issues that have been recurring in the car.
The car has had multiple visits for nearly one week each time at the dealer for the same problem. Car also has a seat sliding backwards upon acceleration and rocking forward on braking that was not fixed after four visits for the same issue. I asked if they want me to go with lemon filing vs buy back and they said they're sending a field engineering guy to look into the issue.

Given that I have been stranded on the freeway twice with drive train malfunction errors, recurring issues that never got fixed, feeling a little cheated and frustrated with BMW at this point of time. I have had only BMWs since 2007 and it has shaken my faith in the trust with the brand.

Any thoughts on how to pursue this case appreciated.

Thanks!
I would suggest to start a lemon case. Dealership may not be involved they can continue keeping your car in repairs. In fact the longer they keep it the better. Don't be fooled by friendly voice of BMW rep- they all have one purpose to deny all claims and responsibilities. I bet the name that the rep gave you is fake. BMW tech is on their side too. Also they may replace some parts on your car without telling you and then blame you for another broken part. This is what they did in my case! They dont give a shit how many BMWs you had.

So start lemon case by filing an application with your state. They will review and if accepted send to BMW. Grounds for lemon case is certain amount time in ALL repairs (30 or so days combined) 3 or more repairs of same issue (even if fixed after 3 rd visit) and certain number of repairs within certain mileage of new/used car but check with your state. After BMW received lemon application form state they either accept it or take it to arbitrage.

If they fix by the time your application is processed then fine, if not you did not waste any time by filing it. It takes few months so the earlier you file the better.

Document all repairs, record tech/foreman responses on cellphone camera, they all lie through the roof. Record conversations on the phone as well. You may not know it but BMW does record it and you do not. In my sate by law you dont have to give a warning that you record phone conversation, if you do announce it loud and clear and they will cut to the point quickly.

Remember BMW is not your friend, the only friend is the law.

2011 535 iX lemoned
Appreciate 0