View Single Post
      02-12-2018, 07:40 PM   #43
rogueshot
Rep
Drives: '10 550 GT

"slight shiver" - just a rough idle? what about a slight lull as you pull away/accelerate? I still attribute this to a fouled intake/valves that need to be walnut blasted - partly a function of the oil consumption/poorly seated piston rings and of course partly just due to direct injection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by addy27 View Post
I had a similar issue with drive train malfunctions. Took car to dealer under CPO 4 times an they couldn’t figure it out and would replace one injector or spark plug at a time. Then after CPO was over they did an extensive test and said there is oil in cylinders. Even though I had no white smoke issue. Long story short, BMW stepped in to cover valve stem seals, but when I picked up the car, the hiccup was still there. Bear in mind this is after all new spark plugs 3 injectors and 2 coils. They recommended I have the coils changed and we’re going to charge me $1500. I said give me the damn keys and I bought 6 Eldor coils off of eBay and swapped them myself. Since then, no hiccups..

The only issue that remains is the car tends to slightly shiver at stop lights (this was happening before too just didn’t annoy me enough to deal with) from time to time but no codes are thrown. And since no codes are thrown, the dealer is not interested in looking at it.. oh well.

I would say worst case, atleast try to replace all the coils with the newer Eldor coils..should not cost you more than $200 and you can easily do it yourself.
Appreciate 0