Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 535ix M-sport

Garage List
2011 535ix Msport  [0.00]
1992 850i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gjohnson7 View Post
Yeah, the 18's had a slight vibration but wasn't something that was noticeable to passengers in the car.
When the 19" tires were initially being mounted, the mechanic mentioned that the wheels had few slight bends, but he didn't think that they would cause major vibrations. Unfortunately, he was wrong. I had to take my 12 year old daughter to a soccer game last Saturday and the game was 2 hours away. The vibrations were definitely noticeable. You really don't feel anything when city driving below 55 mph, but on the highway above 65 mph it becomes pretty irritating.

Yeah, I plan to eventually replace some of the worn suspension parts, I just hadn't made it that far. I was already pricing the giubo and differential bushings and was planning on doing that soon. I just replaced those parts along with the CV axles on the Q60 I sold a month ago. My F10 just hit 140K miles so I'm sure they are due to be replaced.
Ah, it's terrible to get something nice and look forward to a long drive, just for it to feel wrong. Glad it's all sorted.

Though I already did mine, I look forward to seeing the videos on these guibo, rear diff bushing, and other suspension repairs.
'11 535ix M-Sport - FMIC, CP, BM3 engine & trans, CQuartz Finest Ceramic, Poly tension bushings, Dynamic, Active Roll, Flappy paddles, HUD, Premium(s), Cold, Convenience, 5-cameras, 4-zones, Driver's Assist, Auto high, Hex trim
'92 850i, '08 XC90 3.2
Past: '93 525i w/ S38B36 M5 engine/trans swap, '99 540i/6sp Sport, etc.
Appreciate 0