View Single Post
      07-17-2022, 12:11 PM   #18
terradown
Registered
Rep
Drives: F10 LCI 535D XDRIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarenF View Post
I had exactly the same issue on my F10 520d MSport from when I bought it a year ago.

I changed tyres, all the brakes, suspected buckled wheel so I bought refurbed wheels but nothing solved it.
Then, last week, the lower coil snapped on the rear spring. I had them changed for BMW original parts at my local indi for £375 including the springs and the wobble has dissappeared.
The car drives sublime again. Rear has firmed up too.
The road force thing is junk, don't waste your money.

I've been searching for a solution to this issue for a year now and hundreds of people seem to be having this issue please spread this solution.
DarenF Was your vibration felt throughout the whole car (steering wheel, seat, dash, floor) and intensified while braking?

My car started to vibrate between 90-130 when I installed the summer wheels. Was told it's caused by the tires and although I had doubts I bought a new set of Michelin Pilot 4 ZP*.

Since then I had numerous visits at garages and BMW dealership to no avail.

So far they have checked:
-brake discs and sticking calipers
-balanced and changed components in both driveshafts
-transfer case
-replaced both lower control arms
-tried wheels from two other cars and same problem

After all these checks and rebalancing the driveshafts the car vibrates even more. I can feel it slightly from 60 km/h all the way to 180 even further.

I really don't know what else to do in order to fix the car and they haven't got any more ideas. Could you please describe the vibrations you had? I suggested they check the springs but they said they couldn't cause the vibrations I'm having. The car is build date 10.2016 with 150k km.
Thanks
Appreciate 0