stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TunedIn View Post
Okay Batman, Riddle Me This: Why not spring for an M5 so you can get the M-Sport look in the real-deal, in the color you like ? For me, it's a $30,000 premium over a 535i with the $5,500 special order color charge, but for you, on a 550i/M5 comparison, it's "only" about $24,000. I could afford it, but to be honest, I simply don't need 500+ horsepower, or even the HP of a 550i. Nor do I want to be shelling out $2,500 for new tires every 15,000 miles or so. But you're Batman !
I saw an M3i in Le Mans today. It is a beautiful color, but I think Monte Carlo will be more distinctive since its more rare.

I suspect the steering will be too heavy and the ride uncomfortable on the M5.

I am one of those who likes the electric steering, 8 speed transmission and Dynamic Handling Package on the 550i when in Sport Mode. I used to find my old M3 just uncomfortable to drive. It was a great car on the track for bombing around. But on a day to day basis, around town, it was uncomfortable, the heavy steering was exhausting, and the ride sucked on city streets. So for me the 550i with Dinan upgrade is better than an M5. I want a very fast luxury car, not a sports car.

Plus I think M5 attracts more police attention.
Appreciate 0