03-01-2019, 06:00 PM   #4
Flyguyin23
Private
Rep
Drives: 15' M sport 528i dark blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly335dguy View Post
Greetings,

I am considering moving from a staggered setup to a square setup and wanted to ask advice from the group.

Here's what I've got:
535dx m-sport on staggered style 351M 19" x 8.5" Fr & 19" x 9.0" Rr double-spoke wheels with P245/40R19 Fr & P275/35R19 Rr

Looking to move to:
Square setup with either:
8.5Jx20 ET33 or 9Jx20 ET44

Here are my questions:
1. Which rim size and offset is better for xdrive?
2. Which wheel would allow me the largest tire? I was hoping to go with 255/35R20 non-runflats all around.

Goals are to have a good balance of traction, ride quality and handling while being able to maximize tire duration. I also want to fill in the gap in the wheel well and tire.

I plan to upgrade to either ACS springs or KW Var3 coils at some point, so it will be lower a bit.

Thanks!
On my very long journey of finding the most aggressive setup, I've noticed a few things. unless you are going very low on offset with an 8-9in wide it will require the assistance of spacers to help with fitment (lip to fender look)

as far as x-Drive, the only stipulation was the fronts and rear had to be within 1% of rotating mass. if you're going staggard that would be important but Since you are looking for a square setup that shouldn't be an issue. IMO the wider the better. can't beat more rubber on the road to put more power down or to grip in cornering. can't go wrong with 9 wide. 255 tires would be better paired with a 9 inch wide
Appreciate 0