View Single Post
      08-15-2018, 03:40 PM   #19
Captain Cook
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 550xi M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiburblium View Post
The only plausible assumption that comes to mind is that they found a maintenance gap from the previous owner, thus the statement about privacy. That's just a guess though, and if that was the case I'm not sure why they would pass the buck to you as you purchased the car CPO, I'd assume the dealer who certified would be culpable.

Is the dealer your working with currently the same one who certified/sold you this car, or was that another dealer?
Funny enough you were exactly on the ball! I ended up doing a pull of the full service records and with a little digging into the dealership I found out that an oil change was missing from a previous owner. I know exactly where the previous owner serviced the vehicle so I gave that dealership a call and, again, they refused to disclose the record of the oil change due to privacy reasons but said they'll confirm that it was done through email. So now that I got this sorted out the dealership says they have to submit another claim to BMW Canada with the updated information. Crossing my fingers that I don't run into another issue because I really don't want to go the legal route. It'll take forever and it's such a hassle.

At the end of the day, this whole process has been so annoying. It's been approximately 3 weeks of running back and forth trying to figure this out already.
Appreciate 1
Kyngofpop676.00