Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 535i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unspec View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Encendido3 View Post
Good to hear. I've done a few items (OFHG, oil pan gasket) but those oddly enough didn't worry me as much once they seemed more straight forward. I'll definitely use the level to get it as level as possible.
Use a level to get it ballpark, but it honestly doesn't need to be that level. As long as there's no noticeable tilt to the car, you're fine. At most, if you're off level a little, you'll be ~100-200ml short or overfilled which is well within margin of error. There's overhead built in so that the transmission doesn't just immediately grenade if it leaks.
Andddd done. Damn that took longer than I expected. I ran into an issue with my DIY filler. Damn pressure valve crapped out on me and was leaking after 2 liters. Had to struggle through the rest of the bottles by using the damn tube that comes attached to them. I drained about 3.5l give or take (quite a bit spilled when the filter hole unplugged) and put in just under 4. Took for a spin and it definitely shifts better. Sport+ was buttery smooth.

Thanks again for the write up!
Appreciate 1
Unspec1299.50