05-05-2021, 10:51 AM   #26
AnotherM
Cole
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 m5 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Kurgan1 View Post
So I picked up a list very similar to that and it leaves me with some questions after trying a mock up.

Did you oblong out the 3" 45 degree? Because that thing is not fitting in that passage that far. Also why 4x 45's? It seems like the ones up front should be 90's. And how long are the 45's you got? I picked up a 90 and was just going to cut it in half, but I'm still missing a few pieces, so I can't get a full mock up, but it seems like it will be short.
Unfortunately, i dont have the car anymire ao i cant measure them. I tried 90s in the front, but it placed the filters to close to the cross supports.

It was a complete pain in the arse to get the 45's through the passage. What i did to get them through was:

Put the 45 pipe in the passage and align it as if it was all attached so that you can mark it and the 45 coupling to assemble outside of the car.

Take the pipe and the coupling, align the markings and assemble them with clamps out side of the car. Tighten them up, but make sure the bolts on the clamps are along the top so they fit into the passages.

Use some vaseline or lubricant on the coupling and pull it through the passage from the engine bay side towards the front. It will be a complete pain, but it fits.

Next attach the upper 45 coupling to the maf housing and 45 pipe. Tighten clamps.

Next, install a small piece of 3" pipe (i cut this small section off of the other pipe) into the airfilter and tighten the clamp.

Lastly, install the filter and pipe into the intake and tighten the clamp.

I can tell you that i definitely got pissed off a few times, walked away and had a beer while staring at it. Just take your time and patiently wiggle it through the passage.
Appreciate 0