View Single Post
      08-01-2019, 05:05 PM   #46
MBWORLDZ2019
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i

Currently I am looking for a tune from BMS. I saw the JB+. but my 2011 F10 535i has the Harness Type A. (Does your car have type A? ) So Mike from X-PH said I can't use it. The N55 JB+ has type B harness. I should use use BMS Stage 1, but tech support from BMS said I can use N54 JB+ (it has harness A). This is what I am confused. My car is N55, would that N54 work ?

And your subject line saids JB4 Stage 2, is this a different device ?
from BMS website, I only see JB+, BMS Stage 1 , then JB4. I don't see any sub category for JB4 Stage 1 or 2, or 3.

Can you clarify what is JB4 Stage 2, would that be a map thing ?

I currently only have a FTP Motorsport charge pipe and use 91 octane. Would that be a waste if I install JB4 ? Since I don't have DP and other mods to get more powers.

Just want to hear your recommendation and feedbacks.

Best Regards
Ced

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzaiat View Post
Hey guys,

It's my first post here but I've been scouring these forums ever since I bought my F10 535. I felt compelled to write this up so anyone out there with an F10 535 doesn't have the same issue. I recently bought and had installed the JB4 and a VRSF downpipe on my car. When I ordered the JB4 I opted out of ordering the usb cable because I wasn't going to do any dyno readings and it was listed as optional. Once my mechanic installed the tune and the pipe, we were unable to change the maps via the BC button, the mechanic checked all the connections again and again but still there was no sign of life from the JB4. Finally, after researching it more, he found out that in the F10, the tune comes preset to map 1 and in order to activate the BC button you need to hook up the USB cable and enable the option to change the maps. I was a little upset because there wasn't a single note of that on the ordering page and now I would have to wait a few more days to receive the cable plus the extra expense. I emailed BMS and luckily Ando got back to me within a few minutes and said I could pick up the cable in person at their warehouse so I went there the same day. The mechanic hooked it up and now all is good. For anyone who's getting the JB4 for their F10, the usb cable or the bluetooth connection is not optional, its mandatory!

I gotta say, the change in performance with the tune and the downpipe is awesome, it is significantly quicker and more responsive. I'm using map 5 since the highest octane grade we have here is 91. I was expecting a little more noise from the downpipe though, it is louder on cold start but when its warm at idle it sounds like stock. Next upgrade is an exhaust and charge pipe. Just gotta decide between Remus, Dinan or M performance.

Coming from a Mercedes E class, I'm thoroughly loving and enjoying my 535, especially now with these mods.
Appreciate 0