View Single Post
      02-13-2022, 10:30 AM   #527
ryan stewart
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 328it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe T View Post
anyone else with an ooni having problems getting the heat up? no matter what I do, I can't get stone temp over 500 degrees. Wood was burning to fast, I'd have to stand there and force feed wood and still only 450-500 degrees (I played with the flue, nothing I did made a difference... even changed to the propane burner, and can run it for 40 minutes and barely hits 500

other issues I have is getting the dough to slide off the peel, and because the stone isn't hot enough, the dough isn't crisping fast enough and the top is fully cooked, but the bottom is soft and "bendy"
I dont know much about the ooni wood, my neighbor has a gas one. But for me I use a stone on a kamado. But I do let the stone heat soak until it hits about 500 with an IR thermometer before I drop the pizza. So my dome is about 800-900 and the stone is just over 500 when I drop it, with the coal right under the stone, so its going to keep that heat. Takes about 4 minutes to cook.

As far as the peel I use coarse corn meal, I sprinkle it on the peel before putting the dough on the peel. Acts like ball bearings. Some people use parchment but I dont think Id trust it given the heat I work with.
Appreciate 0