03-14-2014, 09:13 AM   #32
scott135i
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillpusher84 View Post
I dunno ... but installation is very simple ... disconnect connector in left rear of trunk and install unit in-between ... ground 1 wire to chassis & you're done.

I've completely ripped interiors out of cars, and done some crazy wiring and sound system installs, so this was nothing ... I would think that the problem was that the device was defective ... or something changed for '14 ... but I originally got the idea from the guys on the M5 forum and plenty of LCI M5s were using this ... so my thoughts were that it was defective.

Seller was not very helpful and nasty actually when I inquired about it not working, and told me the only reason a return was being accepted was because I bought from him on eBay.

I would love to see this working on a '14 550xi here in NY/NJ area, and possibly install that unit back into my car to see if it is in fact a change for 2014 ... or just that I got a bum unit ... would definitely try again if it was a bum unit.

I think the seller manufacturers the device as he receives an order (keep 0 stock), so hence the reason for the delay, as mine took almost 3 weeks from order to receive!
Interesting. He shipped mine same day. But don't think he shipped BadBlack's yet even and it's been a while.

Tell you what... once it warms up, swing by Jersey City one day and we can try mine in your car. PM me your number and info if you'd like....
Appreciate 0