View Single Post
      04-16-2019, 07:24 AM   #106
Bozman52
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pf10 View Post
Got mine done today with some help from DARKKN1GHT. I love it. So far no real difference in stopping range, I don't know maybe I need to break them in. Still trying to figure out what route I'm going to take with the rear setup because right now the oem 535i brakes looks too small compared to the fronts.
That looks great! Well done! Regarding the rears, I think the easiest option is to bolt on the 550i rear rotors/calipers (345x24mm). My understanding is that anything other than this set up will require special brackets or fabrication to work. I know that some guys have retrofitted M5 fronts/rears, and there was some Russian guy who was selling a special bracket to make everything bolt up correctly, but the bracket alone was pretty big money. I'd have to dig a bit to find the details, though.

I know that you can get cross-drilled 550i rear rotors (at least in the UK), so that will help match the look of the fronts, even if the rotors are still not as big as you'd like: https://www.buycarparts.co.uk/zimmermann/7517745

Otherwise, you could do an aftermarket BBK for the rear, but then you're getting into some big money as well.
Appreciate 0