10-19-2023, 06:30 PM   #19
addy27
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickd122 View Post
This is the comment I was looking to find. I have a 2012 F10 And want to got to NBT. I have 2 options I have the NBT WITH the zgw frm and Jbbe From the sme can. The EVO was just the HU and display. A few questions.
1. Is it easier to just shange the entire harness than sourcing an adpter. I had also grabbed the harness as well from the donor.
2 I do want to maintain GPS functionality.
My first move was from CIC to NBT.. and if you have NBT already, then EVO is easier.

1 - Changing entire harness will be a major pain. Not easy, but really no need to go that far. You can add the wires and you can also buy the MQS contacts and even a Quadlock extension and switch over (After splicing in the NBT Emulator if you have not coded your evo/nbt)

2 - With NBT you can use the existing CIC GPS connection (blue fakra connection on the back of your CIC). But if you go EVO, you can either go for an EVO from a 2015/2016 235i OR even a Mini Cooper from the same years, they come with EVOs that have GPS built in. If neither of those then you need an ATM to replace your ComBox in the trunk and connect the GPS on the ATM there.
Appreciate 0