View Single Post
      06-06-2013, 03:53 PM   #16
gurns
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 G82 Dravit Grey

Removing Swirls

If you are into detailing the car yourself I highly suggest you visit the Autopia web site. There you will find instructions on professionally detailing your car along with all the products you'll need. NOTE: I am NOT a Autopia employee though I have purchased their products for several years now. There are many other sites that sell like products. What I liked was obtaining the know how and which products to use to remove swirl marks.

That said, I have a dark metallic blue 550 that can also show swirl marks pretty easily. I use a light compounding product (Swirl Remover) with an Porter Cable dual action polisher ($125). The combination of this compound and polisher produces show room results. No Bull. The entire process of detailing the car is labor intensive (I could never make it a profitable business given how much time I put into the effort) but the results in my mind are worth it. Based on what I do, I don't think a professional shop can duplicate the depth of my results in just a few hours. "Try it, You'll like it"! Good luck.
Appreciate 0