11-28-2022, 09:52 AM   #110
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi R8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsAndGuitars View Post
I was one of the first to order a first year Challenger Scat Pack in mid-2014. It was a one of the best cruisers I ever owned. But I couldn't legally use more than ~30% of that car's potential on public roads.

I hated the HC when it came out, not because it could leave me in the dust (I don't race) but because of the turn-key excess it provided, and the scum it appeals to (not all owners, but enough to matter).

And I believe the HC was a major contributing factor in the douchebaggery that has grown in car culture as of late. Just a few weeks ago (I95 Ft Lauderdale area), some dick in a B5 blue Charger HC ran to the end of an on ramp / onto the shoulder, pulled in front of my new M240, floored it and threw a rock up and chipped my windshield, then disappeared as he weaved thru traffic. It is unfathomable to me to drive like that, risking other drivers' lives and property because you think you rule the roads.

Back in the day, you bought a respectable amount of HP, but the rest was bolt-on. Now anyone with deep pockets can write a check and buy an ICE or EV missile. They have no appreciation for the car and its ridiculous power is taken for granted, it's just a way to get recognition and "respect" on social.
The problem with the Hellcat besides what you've mentioned is that it can't put the power down in 90/100 conditions which I wouldn't have a big problem with if the car wasn't a boat. My C7Z06 was also incapable of putting down it's power in almost any drag type conditions but I could lap supercars in it on a race track.

I agree that they're comfortable but a CT5 Blackwing makes more sense and it can handle pretty decently.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick60839.00