12-26-2021, 11:20 PM   #2932
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
She Ok, thanks for asking. Still no word from the vet on the tissue samples they took. Apparently it can take up to 4 weeks. Feels like forever.

She's definitely not 100% and probably never will be give her age. She loves the snow though and was super excited to see it in the back yard so we let her run around for about 5 minutes then brought her in to warm up as it was in the low 20s. Too cold for an old, short haired, dog.
Hope the tests come back with good results. Makes me think of my cat, that we had before our current cat, who got sick. We had to have him euthanized because he was dying from lymphoma. He had it for several months. We tried chemo, steroids, many trips to the vet, lots of tests and lots of money, but it was no use. He was going to die.

On his last day we gave him everything he loved: his favorite food, favorite toys and his most comfy places. He enjoyed it all and honestly had a very good last day.

When we took him to the vet to be euthanized, I am the one who gave him to the tech. I gave him a last hug and a kiss, and left that place balling like a baby. Loved that cat more than any other, and I've had cats all my life. He was 14 years old.

Our current girl is about 10yo. When the time comes, if at all possible due to the circumstances, we will have her euthanized here at home, as I've mentioned here before. Don't want to watch her die but want to make sure she goes peacefully and quietly, in her own home where she is comfortable, and hopefully not scared. Want her to be with her family, who loves her.

PS - wishing the best for Bella.
Appreciate 2
DETRoadster11466.50
vanguard8245.50