View Single Post
      06-30-2013, 02:04 PM   #173
Atl550
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicEndeavor View Post
Ours are the first batch of 2014's off the assembly line so I'm anticipating EPA delays. It will take a few weeks for the cars to get to the U.S. anyway. It takes three days for the cars to get from the Dingolfing plant to the port in Bremerhaven by rail, then they sit waiting for a ship, then another 2 weeks to the East Coast. Mine is a West Coast delivery, so that's another 10 days to get through the Panama Canal and up to California. Im guessing mine will be on the ship departing Bremerhaven on 7/15 arriving at the Port Hueneme VPC in Cali on 8/10. Hopefully the certification will be done by the time mine arrives so it won't sit for too long at the VPC.
Let the waiting begin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzoballz View Post
My 550i is scheduled for production on July 4th. Im doing the PCD as well in SC. Are you thinking late August or early September? I hope its earlier!
SonicEndeavor - I asked my dealer his thoughts on the EPA approval delay and he said it's taken up to 45 days before (worse case) but thought the process had been improved lately and didn't expect it to take nearly that long. So, if it just takes maybe 20 extra days for EPA approval, you would be looking at late August. I'm expecting 10 days earlier than you for my east coast delivery.

Gonzoballz - Due to your production date, I would think mid to late September.

Please continue to keep me posted on what you find out. Especially you SonicEndeavor as our cars might be side by side right now in Dingolfing.
Appreciate 0