View Single Post
      06-01-2020, 12:55 AM   #1
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Cool lsturbointeg's audio build thread!

Well fam it only took me 6 years to finally get to the audio upgrade with the exterior done and finally the performance almost done i can finally...finally work on the audio so i have the hifi 676 and my driver side door speaker had a slight rattle ever since i bought the car. now it's god awfully bad. i've been posting and chiming in way back when in regards to people's build threads and questions regarding what they should run or use? so after all those experiences i finally was able to decide what i thought would be best and ideal for my situation and needs. might not be what you guys like but for me i wanted something tame and clean but when i wanted it to sound like a club in my car i wanted to know i'll be able to do that too

for the components i've been going back and forth with this. i'm currently running Focal K2 Powers components front/rear in my Nissan Titan. love these things. had them for 10 years now and they still sound amazing. these are hand made out of France so i really contemplated on going with these in my BMW.

here's the Focal IFBMW-S 4" 2-Way BMW Component kit and Focal Integration IFBMW-SubV2

my Toyota Tundra i was running the MBQuartz german engineering before they sold them to i think a USA based company to which at the time a lot of audiophiles did not like the direction it went in thus why i wasn't to sure if i wanted to go that route. Here's the QM200.3BMW components

and my other option was the BavSound. now with these i just felt these were your typical plug n play components for those looking for simplicity. from everyone that's bought and posted their impression nothing stood out to me that these were hands down the best thing money can buy. so i don't have anything against these, just not interested

so in the end i went with what i always wanted to get because of all the great reviews and awesome customer communications i had with gladenmosconi.co.uk was the Gladen's Alpha's

as far as sub duties i was really gonna rely on just the Gladen underseat 8's but knew i wasn't gonna get the low lows without a true subwoofer. now in my Toyota Tundra i did have 8's but it was built in a custom enclosure and they hit pretty damn hard. but in the BMW with the limited space under the seat with no enclosure i knew it would rumble but not hit like a sub should hit. i have currently 12" Kickers in my Titan and they hit pretty damn hard!

so for the BMW i opted to go with a single 12" RockFord Fosgate in a sealed enclosure with a built in 300watt amp.

now with all the gear it was time to decide which amp to go with? Bimmertech was usually the go to amp. but being it made by AudiotecFischer there was another amp i could go with and that was the MatchUp BMW7.

this thing is a beauty and still retains the simplicity of pnp. here are some of the specs:
Power RMS / Max.
- @ 4 ohms 5 x 65/130 watts (front / rear / center channels)
- Subwoofer output 2 x 160/320 watts amplifier technology Class HD
inputs 4 x High Level Speaker Input

1 x Optical SPDIF (12 - 96 kHz)
1 x MEC
1 x Remote In
input sensitivity High level 2.0 - 8.3 volts
Input impedance RCA -
Input impedance high level 13 ohms
outputs 7 x speaker output

i know there were issues from people installing amps with error messages like "Battery Discharge" so with this amp the Power Save Mode is incorporated in the basic setup. It allows to significantly reduce the power consumption of the UP 7BMW and potentially connected amplifiers once there’s no input signal present for more than 60 seconds.

now what's great about this amp is the Mono RCA output for the connection of an external amplifier. Once the “Power Save Mode“ is active the remote output and therefore the connected amplifiers will be turned off. The MATCH UP 7BMW will reactivate the remote output within a second if a music signal is applied.

now in conjunction with the Rockford Fosgate sub with the internal amplifier i'll be able to remote turn this on with the built in auto detect feature. this eliminates me having to run a remote wire from the RF and somehow finding and tapping somewhere on the harness of the MATCH UP 7BMW amp. this makes it so much more convenient. as you can see here's how it would pass the signal to turn the amp on just by running a single RCA out from the MatchUp amp via 3.5mm jack input into the RF amp. the one i ordered is wrong and so i already ordered a single RCA instead of dual to 3.5mm jack.

i've already purchased a 8 gauge amp kit with 40amp fuse

i also purchased and awaiting for the speaker connectors to be delivered. these will help me connect the speakers without cutting the OEM connectors on the door speakers, tweeters as well as the underseat subs

so for now i think this is everything i need so far? i may need to dynomatt the trunk just in case it rattles but i will wait until afterwards. i will be sure to post some pictures of the install and if there's any issues i run into.

if you guys have any questions feel free to ask and post away!
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 4