View Single Post
      09-08-2015, 12:23 PM   #16
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrickem View Post
It looks like I'm the only one who HATES slotted and drilled rotors on a regular car (track cars benefit from them) They are a PITA when you wash your car, the water gets caught in the slots/holes , gets that little surface rust in minutes, no matter what you do to dry them, then they shoot "poo-water"around the inside of the rims. I've got 2 cars that came with them and I wish they didn't.
Can confirm this. I tried slotted and drilled before on my garage queen for looks. If you try to use these things for your daily driver(which I also did), it's not a good idea unless you live in California or similar places.

The slotted rotors are ok but it'll make dust and eat pads faster. The cross drilled rotors tend to crack and cause banding since most of the ones you see are cheaply made. http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1340727

Both the slots and drill holes will have permanent rust if you don't paint it with high temp paint before installing. Sometimes, these rotors will actually worsen your braking power.

I highly recommend not trying this if you live in the North East because it's more problems than it's worth. Unless, of course, it's your garage queen.

Please do not take these rotors to the track either. It's not safe.

The real stuff is very expensive but you probably already know this. The best mod, in the F10, to stop faster is replacing the oem runflats.
Appreciate 0