04-03-2019, 09:03 PM   #133
Surly73
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535xi 8AT KWv3 MPE MHD xHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by burro_blasta View Post
Interesting...I have BMS pedal tune and still trying to wrap my head around how that would/wouldn't play with the MHD linear option. Sounds like BMS could already be messing up with XHP, although it's felt great to me...
I'm trying to wrap my head around why you'd want MHD linear, then add BMS pedal. (that sounds more confrontational than I intend it to).

Personally, I'd ditch the pedal tune. Making you think your car is faster because 30%->75%? No thanks.

MHD linear is really nice for me. With the stage 1 OTS power gain, I find that the throttle action isn't that much different than stock, just that the last 50% is still even faster. I love it.

I tried xHP tonight - doesn't work properly on my car. A lot of what's in the 2.0 map update (see all that mention of non-DEC cars?) I believe is because of me.

I flashed xHP and I can see their improved shift points (e.g. RPM vs. throttle angle) but every shift is now the slowest, smoothest, mushiest program. Same for D,S,M, and for stage 1/2/3. I *DID* notice that the TC action is much nicer. I did some neighbourhood four way stops on xHP Stage 2 and it "launches" way nicer. No pause-then-lurch etc...

Fortunately a flash back to stock map and I have better shifting again. I didn't have to uninstall xHP altogether. I've contacted them and we'll see what I get. Since it's just the map and not the code, I'm presuming it can get fixed.
Appreciate 0