View Single Post
      06-29-2012, 08:06 PM   #29
Maxx2
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 18 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by delvek View Post
Thanks for all your comments, apologies for slow response!

Main reason was that it was like 34-36F and I had summer performance tires. Conditions weren't very good. Have been speaking with Hartge and I am going to drive back in the late spring and do a full set of runs with video, once I get them I will definitely post them for the forum.

Thanks again for everyone's help and feedback on and off the forums.
Now that you've had this tune for quite some time can you post your overall impressions until now? If you had to do it again today, would you still go with the Hartge module?

This module is now being offered in the USA (Turner Motorsports) and is an interesting alternative to the "flash" tunes already available. I noticed that Hartge has decreased the peak ratings to 481hp and 509ft-lbs. I'm not sure, but I guess it may have been tuned down a bit due to US fuel quality...

Can you provide any details regarding the driveability at low speeds? Does it feel completely stock (sluggish) when not driving aggressively? According to the Hartge documentation, the module only alters the engine's operating parameters when throttle is greater than 70%. Is there a noticeable "kick" when hitting the 70% throttle? If you were cruising at a constant speed on the highway and then applied full throttle (while in the same gear) what does it feel like?

Would really like to hear your thoughts on this module!!

Thanks.

Last edited by Maxx2; 06-29-2012 at 09:08 PM..
Appreciate 0