Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
2023 BMW M3  [8.17]
Quote:
Originally Posted by T3CH View Post
I was hoping to find a FL dealer on here.. but I’m not really surprised there are none.

I live in Miami and started reaching out to multiple dealers regarding a new G87 allocation last year. Braman BMW quoted me a $15,000 markup and South BMW a $5,000 markup.

Fort Lauderdale BMW finally offered me MSRP in October of last year which I immediately jumped on. I’m number 28 on their list and I’ve been told I might not even receive an allocation this year

I’m sure I could expand my search and find an earlier allocation at a dealer further away but I’m not trying to take a road trip for all of my service and repairs

I really hope car manufacturers are able to sell direct to consumers in the future and just certify shops for repairs & maintenance. I don’t understand why it’s so hard to buy a new vehicle at MSRP.
Braman was on the list last year I believe and I ended up calling them. I’m in central florida and also didn’t want a road trip, but I wanted to try more than one dealer. Placed a refundable deposit at local dealer and was told to expect 15-18 months (MSRP) minimum and that wait times were actually getting LONGER as time has gone on. Braman west palm beach also gave me MSRP and won’t charge deposit until allocation is received but seemed pretty confident that there would be a car before the end of this year.
Being in Florida for this ride feels more challenging. Leaving all my Ohio dealers when we moved is also tough since I have no knowledge of “good” and “bad” dealers down here. I was really hopeful to see at least one Florida dealer on the list to get my bearings.
Appreciate 1
T3CH46.50