05-20-2018, 06:20 AM   #9
thakid22
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 Bmw M340i M-Sport w/ VDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by _des_ View Post
Thats my current concern. I havent sold my 2011 550I yet, and driving back and forward from a 2014 M sport suspension, to a 2011 550I dynamic handling.
It really saddens me. Makes me wonder, Am I taking a step going to the 14 without the ars, edc, and active steering?

So do you believe that just adding sway bars and springs will make it mostly there?
ARS is tuned so softly, you can literally have a flatter ride with shocks/springs/sways. My KWV3’s, alone, can be adjusted to produce ARS levels of roll stiffness.

EDC, in F10 form also fails to wow me. The ride is simply too wallowy. Brake dive, body roll, and bounce are ever present. In Sport + mode the rear is relatively well tied down, But the front still bobs, dives, and floats excessively. EDC is the choice if you want a limo style ride, not a sporty ride. Base LCI suspension is more well-sorted.

If there is one option that transforms the F10, it is Integral Active Steering. Regular F10 models are cursed with a steering rack that is wickedly slow... Put another way, it takes more steering input to get the vehicle to turn a certain amount. The best thing (to me) is that Active Steering is sharper and more responsive around town. This makes the car feel more precise, nimble, and accurate.
I think EDC and ARS get too much credit on the F10 while ARS does not get enough.
Appreciate 0