View Single Post
      10-05-2018, 02:19 PM   #76
dedbeat
Rep
Drives: 14 335xi GT M-sport

Cool for all the hating out there

I used to drive a 335xi sedan (prior to that an e92 335i coupe), and now have a son and a car seat, and the 335xi sedan just didn't have enough room in the back and had to keep adjusting the front passenger seat to back and forth depending on if I had someone in the front (and my son wasn't in the back). I considered a 5 series (even though I hate driving a bulkier car), and the rear leg room was still not that great (granted I was in the CPO market, and the latest 5 series still didn't have THAT much leg room. Then I get into the 335xi GT and then everything just made sense. The hatch over the trunk to store more stuff (strollers, bags etc), and the extra leg room in the back meant no more seat shuffling. The car seat fits right with plenty of space in the front for a normal human being.
Am I a very niche market for it - for sure. Is this thing fugly? I don't think so, and I have a 335 with the M-sport and it's still sure as heck fun to drive. Kinda like the automatic rear spoiler that comes up at 70mph.
Appreciate 1
scottomfg286.50