View Single Post
      09-09-2021, 01:51 PM   #8
mickeyvalentine
Otaku
Rep
Drives: 2016 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 550iFreak View Post
Believe me, the moment I saw the car drove away from me, I broke down. I'll be honest here since it was one of the most involved cars I ever own and all the mods I did to it to make her last so long. 5 years ownership and put over 60k miles since purchase. The next owner will be happy to see her knowing that the valve seals were done so there is no oil consumption, brand new water pump, pulleys, belts, fresh oil change and such. 90 degree T-stat to keep it running cool and more maintenance items.

But... I have to grow up, get my first home, build a more stability for my finances so I can upgrade myself later in life. I did rent a 2008 Audi R8 for a couple days and the price tag of 75k for a low mileage, 6 spd manual example is quite attractive.

Hope it all goes well, treat her right and she will most likely will give back lol.

I said mostly because N63 and the TUs are still unpredictable. Just the nature of the beast.
That was me with my ’68 Mustang. A little bit of love in every wrenching of the nut and cursing at the engineers. Ha. You really did your due diligence. I still need to do the valve seals and 90° T-Stat. The turbos scare me though. First turbo’d V8 for me. Thank you for sharing. I hope it goes well also.

Good luck with the home buying too.

2016 LCI 550i Glacier Silber

Appreciate 0