Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
i realized i don't love my car anymore

it sounds immature, but i tried washing it today and i was not feeling it at all. the car's disgusting (been moving and it's been muddy rainy here) and it needs a wash but today just felt like a chore. i love washing my car otherwise, it's almost therapeutic to make it shiny and smooth. also remembered how i never had this with my previous car

so i'm not sure what to do. definitely having some sort of a quarter life crisis too and i was kinda thinking the car would be a "stable" thing through this transition phase, but i don't know how much i want to keep it further. im not going to sell it soon, i think, but i dont think i'd be too sad if i didn't drive it for a few weeks, either.

since we're all car guys and gals here, have you guys ever had this? it's new to me, i've never felt like a car i've owned/driven just feel so mundane and "meh" and replacable. not really sure what to do, i dont think i should act solely on impulse and feelings but i'm also not feeling too happy about spending $1500/mo all-in on something that i'm no longer fully bought-in to
update, if anyone's curious

i found out about a newly founded business where they rent detailing bays and tools etc (just bring your supplies, labor, and car), and i'd been wanting to find something like this. esp living downtown without even a driveway, it was hard to have a good space to wash my car. the 4 minute limited "self service washes" only do so much (where i was last) and i'd been wanting to learn more about detailing/cleaning cars, mainly paint correction, just because i'm obsessive and i'd like to keep the paint vibrant as long as i own the car.

spent 3 hours cleaning the car today, only realized it was 3 hours when i grabbed my phone to take some after photos.

strong chance it was the move that was on my mind; moving stresses me out a lot. having the opportunity to make the car brand new again was a very proud moment, it felt good to look at the car after with a dumb smile on my face
Appreciate 4
________4160.00
vreihen1615466.00
cmyx6go15782.00
Buug95917721.50