View Single Post
      01-23-2017, 08:19 AM   #114
Norman Soper
Registered
Rep
Drives: Silver 2015

Q&A

Hey guys, Sorry, I did not receive notification there were replies to this thread. Thanks Sylvester for emailing me !

First questions "Are there fanboy discounts"
As stated before I am not here to discuss pricing or sell. If you are interested in organizing a group buy you can email me and I can direct you to one of our dealers.

Second question" Any downsides of unplugging the control wire/switch"
None. We designed the V2 and V3 with a memory. Set your device to your liking and unplug the unit! If you choose this option on the V3 you will of course lose your ability to use the Valet mode or Pedal Lock mode.Keep in mind, the V2 switch and V3 switch are both about the size of your thumb. They are very compact in design and can be mounted very discreetly.

Third question " What is the difference between the auto and manual version"
Sprint Booster's have always had different programs depending on transmission type. This was done because clutch controlled cars(manual) needed a crisper reaction when shifting. We noticed that in some cases a manual unit installed on an automatic car would cause the vehicle to " double-down-shift". Example: When you press the pedal slightly more to pass someone your car normally shifts down a gear. We have seen in some instances that when a manual unit is installed in an automatic car the vehicle would shift down 2 gears instead of one.We do not want the transmission to see any unnecessary wear. Because of this, automatic units have a "softer" program that through testing works flawlessly.
This being said be aware that this is not the case with all vehicles. I have installed manual units on automatic cars with no issues. Because of this,we have the V3 unit that utilizes the auto program and manual program all in one! I suggest people try all the modes in V3. If you feel the auto mode needs just a little more control, switch it in manual and go through the levels . Just be aware of how your transmission shifts. If you feel it is down shifting more then it should while trying to pass someone, back it down a little.

German cars have been tested a million times over with no issues. Most customers add tunes, intake , exhaust , turbo upgrades ect, without any issues.
Just remember, Sprint Booster opens your throttle body faster(not sooner!) giving you access to ALL the power your car is capable of making when you need it. It will change your shift points(in automatics) , it will spool turbos faster and it will give you that 1:1 ratio of control all new cars are missing. You will always still have full control, 0-100% throttle.

I hope this helps answer some questions!!

Appreciate 0