View Single Post
      12-14-2011, 11:20 AM   #3
vdubturbo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90, E36, 997

Back in the day I had a K40 Laser Diffuser on the front of my Q45. I have no hard data as to its effectiveness, but I do have the following experiences.

-Driving late night on the downtown connector (75/85) in Atlanta. Enormous 7-lane highway at about 2am. Me and one other car who I had just passed were the only two of us on the road. We had just rounded a bend where a trooper was using laser to tag speeders. Both of us were doing in excess of 75 mph in a 55 zone, but when he pulled out, to my surprise he grabbed the guy behind me. I would have assumed he would have chosen me first but I can only guess I couldn't get a reading on my vehicle. The K40 did indicate that it had gone off...

-The second time I was driving down I-85 through southern Georgia (USA), when we went under an overpass. The trooper was on the overpass tagging speeders passing underneath with laser. Just beyond the overpass was about 6 more troopers flagging down drivers identified by radio from the guy on the overpass. Once again, the K40 went off (and jammed I assume) and I wasn't pulled over (even though there were excess cops available to grab me). And again, I was considerably over the speed limit.

Granted, my engineering mind wants hard data to show these things work, but based on my two experiences, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.
Appreciate 0