Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW550mike View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therdleg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW550mike View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therdleg View Post
Can a faulty mass airflow sensor cause drivetrain malfunction to display?
To answer your question; yes, it can. I had a couple o2 sensors go bad at the end of the exhaust manifold that would spring up limp home mode and a "drivetrain malfunction" every time I would give it the beans. Anything that alters the vehicles ability to calculate fuel to air ratio on the fly is going to cause a malfunction due to the fact it starts guesstimating when a sensor goes bad and the system cannot guess the mix faster than you can step on the gas. Would recommend pulling codes to make sure.
After getting the air intake hose replaced. Mass airflow sensor and oil filter housing fixed. Drive train malfunction is still on. Stuck in limp mode. Independent dealer is now saying the timing chain is loose. Had the timing chain replaced in 2017. It's at bmw now. They are gong to do diagnostic for free and let me know what is actually wrong tomorrow.
That's nice of them, dealers are stingy when it comes to doing things for free lol. Did you have your indy replace your airflow sensor or did he test it for faults and clear the code..? Best of luck with it, hope it's nothing serious
They held off on the sensor. Once they replaced the intake it stopped giving faulty readings.
Appreciate 1