Mavus
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, F80 zcp

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavus View Post
There is one thing I forgot to mention. Usually around 90-100k mi it is recommended to replace water pump and thermostat. If it goes out you will need to tow the car. There are some owners that got more than 120k mi but why take that risk. If you plan to drive longer distances it's good preventive maintenance. Also, BMW updated pump design to make it more robust.
Good advice. I had no idea about this but my water pump lasted 8 years/205,00kms or 127,000miles; car broke down suddenly and had to get towed.
thank you for verifying this info and sorry for the inconvenience. It is always a good idea to research single point component failures on a model to minimize risks. what model vehicle?

Another annoying part are disa valves for those that have them in 3 stg intake manifold. They can get ingested by the engine. This is an issue since e46. The valves are made of plastic and fail over time. They should be replaced by 100k mi max.

When I replaced them on my former e90 330i at 100k mi one of them failed and had to inspect the engine.
Appreciate 1
Mr23779132.00