View Single Post
      04-14-2021, 04:06 PM   #248
F10GUY
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 535dx Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 550iFreak View Post
I did the x5M front brake upgrade about 2 years ago and it works fantastic on my 550i. Night and day difference and it looks phenomenal on my 20inch wheels.

With that said, I wanted to upgrade the rears to accommodate the fronts. I reread this post and noticed a potential fit of using 370mm rotors from a F01 7 series and the 550i GT.

In order to use the rotors, the stock 550i caliper/carrier setup won’t accept it so I went ahead and bought a set of M5 rear calipers/carriers from a reputable European salvage yard. It had low miles from a 2014 M5 which is good since my rear calipers are 130k miles old. Still works flawlessly since I performed a professional flush the past couple of months.

Anyways, I do like to report and fully verify that the 370mm rotors WILL FIT with the M5/M6 carriers and the corresponding brake calipers(550i or the Ms) without modifications or extra brackets. Fully bolt on and go.

It also further fill the wheel up nicely

Now the pictures are as followed:

Parts acquired.
Dry fit
Old setup vs new setup
View of the car with new setup(dry fit)
View of the massive front brakes

It will be completed this weekend after I choose what color brakes and doing one of the major overhaul of the belt driven system including the engine driven water pump.

So to clarify, are you using rear M5 caliper carriers, rear 550i calipers, on 370mm rotors from the F01?

Or rear M5 calipers and rear M5 carriers with 370mm rotors from F01?
Appreciate 0