05-11-2016, 03:03 PM   #188
Aiden.Detailing
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 5series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
Hi Marc,

I still love my original space grey color but I wanted to try something new. I get bored easily lol

The paint will be prestine under the vinyl. Its basically sealed under it just like clear bra. As long as you remove the wrap within 3-5 years there shouldn't be any issues with your paint. After that there is a chance that the wrap will be more difficult to remove but i've never had anything wrapped for that long.

Materials alone came out to about 800-1K.

Its actually harder to clean or keep the car clean with this wrap. Much like matte paint its easier to mark it up and harder to clean since there isn't much of a clear coat to let the dirt slide off. It isn't bad since this is satin but the more matte you go the more work is needed to clean it. Not sure how Lacster's gloss red wrap was but i'd imagine his being close to paint in terms of maintenance wise. I have been using spray wax on it and it seems to help because it makes the surface more slick to touch without changing the way the satin look.

This is not something I would recommend someone trying to DIY if you've never worked with vinyl before. I've done other stuff/cars before so I had experience but I even ran into some areas that took me a few hours to do easy. There are some areas on the F10 that is a pain to do but overall this car isn't bad to wrap. In comparison my friends Audi Allroad was one of the worst cars to do!

Alan

Hey Alan

A piece of advice in regards to maintenance, i can recommend you a product called Reload by Carpro here is the link attached for the product. Do some research on it, but believe me its worth every penny for short & long term especially with vinyl. http://www.carpro-us.com/coatings-se...l-new-formula/ LMK if you need advice
2012 BMW F10 528I///SOPHISTO GREY METALLIC///BEIGE LEATHER///20%WINDOW TINT ALL AROUND///MATTE BLACK WINDOW TRIM///MTECH FULL BODY CONVERSION///BC RACING BR-TYPE COILOVERS///FORGESTAR F14 SDC 20X9.5 & 20X10.5///NITTO INVO 245/35 & 275/30///2 STAGE CANDY APPLE RED///INSTAGRAM:https://www.instagram.com/___mr.1derful___/
Appreciate 0