Rep
Drives: Fast

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unspec View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmw doubles View Post
If I attempt to do the version 2 I have to extend the fuel vent from a 3/4th fuel line to a 1/2 NPT or something similar. I'm not sure yet what the crankcase valve tubing size would be. For now, in this version 1, I don't have to modify any stock hardware and this includes possibly the MAF wiring too. Waiting for some adaptors to arrive.

If I did a stage 2 of this I would modify the inlet and go from a 2.5 to a 3" flaring out the input of the inlet. Additionally chopping the U section and making a true Ram/Cai.

As far as a airbox/plenum goes there's no room for that by the grill and i don't know enough about the science behind a proper plenum. I guess its time to start googling

Though on the thought process of a plenum I briefly thought the U Shaped connector kinda acted as my airbox. The elbow and the VW piece goes from 3" to 3.5 and then at the inlet it's 2.5.

So I figured maybe there's a always a little reserve air stored in that section 🤷🏻
Ah, didn't realize the stock tubing for the sensors wasn't long enough to reach. 2.5 to 3 inch, with 3 inch being the part that connects to the filter right?

As for the plenum, you could potentially look into 550i intakes for inspiration. A lot of them include plenums, and since the actual engine compartment is the same for both cars, so the design work is basically done. Just gotta adapt it to your car. You could probably 3D print one even
It goes inlet 2.5 to U Shape connector 2.75, u shape connector 3.5 to 3" to air filter 3"
535i MIssion Performance, PS2, Helix HPFP Kit, Wagner FMIC, Spec 3 clutch, Steel SMF, Wolf Racing CP, UUC SSK, GFB dv, SprintBooster, Custom Dynomax Exhaust, M5 Sways, Eibach OE Springs, Koni Sports Adjustable, Custom Short Ram CAI

IG: @bmwdoubles
Appreciate 0