View Single Post
      08-06-2019, 08:17 AM   #44
Unspec
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
Sweet! i'm looking forward to ordering mine here soon. any tips that you can point out during your install
My biggest advice is to use your jack to your advantage. Unless you're doing this on a proper lift, the angles under the car are super awkward and you'll tire really quickly when maneuvering it in. I used my jack to hold up one side of the intercooler while I got the otherside in. Made it a lot easier.

In the end, the driver's side was just too tight and the lower part of the exit tube couldn't move past an aluminum strut or whatever it was. I got a file and filed the spot back a little (made probably a 1/8" divot) and it finally went in without a hitch. The end of the exit tube doesn't interact with the airflow, so it's not going to affect anything, just looks a little funky, but it's not like you can even see that part when it's installed.

As others said, it's super tight and no way am I ever going to try to take this thing out. I don't foresee needing to take it out/swap it either, so not a problem for me.
Appreciate 0