View Single Post
      09-05-2021, 08:23 PM   #297
Bongoxxx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 340 XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
So my theory is that BOT is going to Alfa Romeo next year.
That is currently a Ferrari affiliated team.

And Red Bull races with Ferrari in DTM (and AlphaTauri is the other team in DTM that races with Ferrari).

So I think that there are some connections there.

Of course there is the rumour that next year Alfa Romeo is racing with Mercedes engines because maybe BOT and Nyck de Vries (Merc. formula E driver) is going to drive there....
So we'll see next year if my theory has a shot or not (if Alfaromeo has Mercedes engines next year obviously my theory is not true)

Especially BOT taking the fastest lap from HAM and explicitly ignoring team orders was, for BOT, a strange and bold move, no matter knowing or not knowing HAM to come in.
HAM managed to take back that fastest lap in the last lap of the race but that was a big risk. He could have gotten into traffic etc.
At that point it was already sure that both VER and PER would not be able to get the fastest lap from HAM, so BOT willingly put one point from HAM at risk.
To quote you “you are not qualified to speak about what a F1 driver is thinking”

As MPower stated, shot tyres, MAX had DRS…and to add, BOT doesn’t break the rules and weave side to side as someone is trying to pass him…

Anyways

Great race by MAX and RB today. Completely outclassed MERC.
Appreciate 2
minn1914012.00
MKSixer34173.50