05-21-2019, 10:13 AM   #3
Bozman52
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcaPod View Post
Hi
there are 2 bolts which you need to unscrew to remove electronic parking brake body unit from the caliper.
on your second pic, you're touching bolt on one side with your fingers.
You may need 2 wrenches for that. one to unscrew the bolt and another wrench to hold a nut which is under otherwise it would be spinning.

I followed instructions from this link when i replaced my rear brake rotors/pads last month

https://f10.5post.com/forums/showthr...ght=rear+brake

It seems that you removed the cover of the electronic parking brake body unit
Thanks for the reply. I don't think I'm being clear enough, though. What you describe above will remove the caliper from the caliper carrier. This will need to be done at some point, but my real concern now is how to get all the "guts" out of the caliper. It obviously contains a piston, but on the back side of that, there is also a flat metal disc that the electronic parking brake assembly bolts into. I'm wondering how to get this disc (and other bits behind it) out of the caliper. My thought is that if I pull the piston out of the caliper, I will be able to push the remaining parking brake guts out the other side, but I wanted to check to ensure this is feasible prior to actually doing it.

In short, I need to get the caliper completely stripped down to the metal so that it can be sandblasted and powdercoated. Hopefully this is more clear.
Appreciate 0