03-15-2017, 05:55 PM   #37
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeling View Post
Hi Almaretto , would have PMd but need 1 post (which is this!),

I am trying to find as much information as I can about the NBT system and you seem to know alot about it!

I have come from a 2016 M135i with NBTEvo to a 2015 535D with NBT. I have updated the media / phone via the bin update (02.225.070 / 071 / 072) and updated the maps to 2017-1 (Europe), but upon reading your posts and searching the internet, my istep(?) isn't the latest NBT_I14472A and I saw that the latest NBT from one of your posts was O I think? Is there a change log for I to O out there?

I noticed on my NBTEvo when I plugged my phone in, it would load up all the apps that were compatible with the car, Spotify and ConnectedDrive apps without me doing anything. On this I have to open the app myself for it to play anything via the cable.

Is it possible to update the NBT firmware? If so, how? I have downloaded esys / pzdata (lite) / ISTA-P (I think) but not sure where to start as there are many guides out there for coding various tweaks but not updating the firmware. I haven't coded anything yet as I am guessing it will just wipe it with a firmware update.

Would it be possible to give me a detailed guide?

Thanks,
Feeps
There are never change logs or release notes. And, software updates rarely, if ever, come with new features. They are more to improve the functionality of existing.

HU_NBT and HU_NBT2 (AKA EVO) are two different systems. Plus, the ladder has multiple versions.

It is possible to update the firmware. This is done with either ISTA+ with SDP & an ICOM, ISTA-P with ICOM or ENET, or E-sys with ENET or ICOM and PSdZData_FULL. The process, though, is riskier than coding and requires a PSU.
Appreciate 0