06-18-2019, 08:52 AM   #7
shiner
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 535D MSport Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by F10_kieran View Post
Hi mate I had the same problem turned out to be a Buckled wheel
Same here. I had similar vibrations as per the OP top post. No vibration below that or above it and it occurred in the 60 - 80mph range and was always present but especially so on certain road surfaces. Had all four wheels refurbed at Speedy's Wheels two weeks ago and all OK since then and problem gone.

I put up with this problem for two years and it spoils the car on the motorway and makes driving tiring. Regular replacement of tyres didn't fix it. Nor did Hunter wheel alignment. No leaking joints or suspension and the cart has been successfully MOT'd twice since then. Almost certainly I did it when I banged a curb quite heavily in the dark when turning right one night. The run flat tyres transmit the force of the clout into the alloy since the tyre is steel-walled and has very little give to absorb the force. It only needs to deform the wheel a very small, almost imperceptible amount and you will feel the vibration at speed.

I'd suggest after any significant clout you get the wheel that hit thoroughly checked out.

2013 Z4 35is + tons of options. CURRENT

Last edited by shiner; 06-18-2019 at 08:58 AM..
Appreciate 0