View Single Post
      05-24-2022, 06:16 PM   #30
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
This last statement in itself is a contradiction. Having no porpoising is a bad thing, but having additional porpoising is also a bad thing?
That is not the tradeoff what I'm saying.
I'm saying that a floor that has less downforce has less tendency to porpoise.
My point is, you can only say that porpoising is "solved" when you have a floor that is better or equally good as the competition and doesn't show the effect (or at least not as much as to the point that the drivers or the car get upset by it). We all know that a floordesigh that generates very little downforce, the amount of porpoising effect it will cause will be less.
So without any real data to make a comparison how much downforce each floor actually generates we can't really say which floor has solved the porpoising the most. The amount of vertical G's is not a really good measure for that. Sure it shows the movement of the car, but if there's very little downforce coming from the floor, then what good do those low vertical g values do?

BTW referring to a video as an argument is called a fallacy.
And implying that I havent seen that video without inquiring is just plain stupid. I think most people that follow these topics with interest have seen that video.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 0