View Single Post
      12-16-2019, 11:11 AM   #25
BimmerHausPerformance
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i 6MT

Garage List
2011 BMW 535i  [0.00]
This whole argument goes back to exactly why BMWDoubles is waiting for these things to be worked out. Because inherently there will be problems, things break, nothing is perfect and when you push something to 3 or 4x, of course, the next weakest link will break. It's unreasonable to think a small manufacturer could test this. What if BMW switched OEM providers mid-model, or what if the OEM provider switched a part or a casting method/material, what if there is a particular casting only on particular vin #'s that had this bad run? We have no idea... Do you know how long it would take and a reasonable sample size of cars they would have to run this on to make that testing adequate? WAY more than 15 cars, there are too many factors and many they don't know about.

To me, this is part of the fun of modifying your car... pushing original engineering and fixing problems, sharing the results and ultimately the companies fix the problem. It's a big challenge for me. That's why I am one of those guys who likes the build as much as the end product. If your expectation is as high as quality as OEM then go Dinan and be done with it.

Inherently as a tuner, you are always chasing the weakest link or bottleneck - to put that on the manufacturer of parts is unreasonable in this case.

2011 F10 S55 6MT
Website Insta @bimmerhausperformance YouTube
Appreciate 1
Unspec1299.50