View Single Post
      05-26-2023, 09:54 PM   #3
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

I used to do IT work for a company called Go Modular. Their modular homes were amazing. The owners lived in one and it was huge. Like a normal large Colonial. 5bd, 4ba, etc. It was built using the same rectangular boxes stacked on top of each other or side by side. The boxes were all prefabbed in a factory with door and window openings already in place, depending on the room config. Larger rooms like a living room had one mostly open side so two boxes made a large room. The boxes were trucked out to the site and a crane put them in place. Once the stacking process began, the house went up really quickly. The roof structure was pretty much as a normal house would use.

I didn't work there long enough to know if their houses held up as well as normal builds, but the wood and construction of walls and so on was the same. And since the wood never got exposed to the elements, I'd assume it had no issues with warping or rot. I also don't know how much less one cost vs a normal build. You still need a foundation and all the other utility work.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 1
c1pher4671.50