View Single Post
      04-06-2021, 02:16 PM   #1
fstm5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Bootmod3 tune flash failed car wont start

Hello, so currently I have a 2016 550i that's tuned with bootmod and I have always had issues flashing tunes onto my car, it usually takes over an hour just to get one tune because of how much it fails and my dme goes into sleep mode, but usually I solve the issue by charging the battery and eventually it works, but this last time I've tried flashing a tune, it is not recovering at all, the battery was charged, I started tuning and it went to a couple percent than failed, so I tried again then it would not even go to a percentage, it would just try clearing the "vehicle ecu codes" and it would fail, and ever since then it has been doing the same thing over and over again and my car will not turn on. This is SUPER frustrating as I'm losing sleep over this, I even let my battery charge over night and no difference. I start the flash, it says "beginning writing block" then it goes to "Clearing codes on all vehicle ecu's" then it just fails, it does not even start, I've went down the entire checklist of what could be causing it to fail, I am using the bootmod wifi adapter that connects to the OBD and using my phone to flash, I am beyond frustrated because I am lost on what it is going on, if anyone can help out it would be wonderful, I have been on bootmod support talking to their team nonstop but we still have not figured out a solution. I even tried resetting the dme, no difference
Appreciate 0