View Single Post
      06-19-2022, 08:18 AM   #5
nathanksu2000
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 bmw 535I xdrive

Back at it. The only code visible at this time according to my bimmerlink was indicating that the water pump was not connected but thisnwas not currently active. the Mileage indicated was around the time I replaced the water pump. I drove the car for several days while watching coolant and oil temps as well as water pump rpms using BimmerLink. Everything seemed ok.

Yesteday I drove the car 15 min across town in traffic and 92 degrees high humidity. Everything seemed fine. stopped for an hour, jumped on the highway ran 70-80mph for 20 min then waited in stop and go traffic to enter stadium parking lot. Again, no issues. After the show jumped back on the highway and made it only 4-5 miles and the high temp warning/drive moderate alarm came on. Got off the highway, hooked up the bimmer link. Coolant was hovering around 245-250, Oil was 250-260, pump rpm 250 and the fan was sounding like it was running full temp.

No new codes

not sure what to do at this point. Car runs fine for few days and a longer spirited drive along the highway and then after sitting for 2.5 hours the car quickly overheats once I jumped on the highway. Im sure the temps are accurate since i could hear coolant boiling when I stopped and popped the hood to cool off before limping back home.
Appreciate 0