SWFLf10
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpina B6, 2015 535i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanksu2000 View Post
Still randomly overheating. Can drive for several hours/days in 90 plus temps with high humidity and no issues. Then randomly the temps spike and the high temp warnings turn on. If we turn off the car, turn on the heater for a few minutes, the temps drop and we can go on our way as if nothing happened. According to my Bimmerlink the only code present is " water pump speed out of range" (not present but stored)

After the wife got home last night I checked the coolant temp using bimmerlink (220 degrees), coolant level and ran the auto purge again and did not notice any air bubbles. Then, today she was able to drive around town to several appointments with no issues until late this afternoon then the warning popped up, she turned off the car, turned on the heater, temps quickly dropped, turned on the ac and went on her way with no issues.

I have replaced the waterpump (twice actually to verify it was not a bad waterpump) replaced the thermostat as well.
See if you're able to clear the stored water pump speed code and check again after the issue occurs again? If it's still throwing a code I'd look into that further. Seems very strange though if you've replaced the pump already twice..

Good luck and keep us updated!
Appreciate 0