View Single Post
      09-15-2019, 08:04 PM   #91
rkstar9
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '10 X5 3.5D

Havent read of any cases where the tranny went becasue fluid was changed too late

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capmoq View Post
Geart job. I had rough idle at cold as well and had the same problem. Engine mounts were swapped and all good.

Changed the tranny fluid on mine as well. However, it was not OEM fluid - something else, I do not know the manufacturer. At the moment (about 10 000 km later) I now have a problem with the tranny. When I do launches (car at sport+ and gearbox in sport mode) the gear shift is very rough (especially from second to third). It almost feels like the car jumps at gear shifts. After the discovery I did full software updates and nothing has changed. I'm guessing the fluid has something to do with it (nothing else has changed). Also, after the launches the car shifts rough at Comfort+ mode for a few days. After that the roughness goes away. The gearbox is always adapts according to different drive styles and conditions.
Glad the engine mounts solved your problem. Reading your comment makes me feel more confident to begin with that first.

Any idea if the mounts can be removed without removing the engine support arm? On my X5 they wont come out unless the arm is removed.

Will be raising the engine from the bottom with a jack and block of wood.