View Single Post
      02-08-2019, 10:52 AM   #61
ziekxq
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by burro_blasta View Post
Ziekxq and neejay, any chance either of you had Sprintbooster or bms pedal tune before you had xhp? I'm still underwhelmed by xhp and what you're both saying sounds more like what I thought after I got bms pedal tune.

(“Underwhelmed” but I'm still glad I got it)
Nope, no sprintbooster or bms pedal. It is very hard to explain how XHP improves overall driving experience. Sprint booster or bms pedal tune is just signal booster for the pedal. The xHP tune changes how gear shifts, when they shift, how fast they shift, best gear selection, etc.

Best comparison I can think of is:

Sprint booster is like BMW's active steering where you dont have to turn the steering wheel too much for the car to turn vs car with non-active steering wheel where you would have to put extra afford by turning the steering wheel half way to get the car to make the same turn.

Same thing applies to sprint booster where you dont have to press the pedal all the way to get same result on a car with sprint booster from the throttle vs non-sprint booster car you have to push extra pedal. That is my understanding of the tune.
Appreciate 0